Sunday, February 7, 2010

Too Much... Nothing

So... I guess the best place to start is with the lyrics to the song that produced my blog title. They're by Mushroomhead, who just happens to be one of my favorite groups. Probably my favorite of all time. I've followed them since 1996. They're a local band from Cleveland, Ohio. Although they are amazing, their music is hard and unique, and they are definitely worthy of 'hitting it big', they've been screwed over by record labels, copied by a band who did make it big by using their style (Shitknot), and screwed over some more. Still, there are lots of loyal fans out there (I should know as I am one) that will always love them and see them as 'big time', no matter what.

Too Much Nothing
Mushroomhead

Too much nothing
I'm always excusing myself
But now it's getting hard to tell the reason why I even care
Increasingly I'm unaware
Instead of bettering myself I'm crawling deeper in my shell too much
The whole point that I am alive seems to escape me at this time
Time I think too much
Nothing too much
I've never known how to behave
I think too much
I've never strayed far from the grave
Nothing too much
I need to get up off the ground
Nothing too much
To force myself to make a sound


Well, that's likely what my blogs will end up being. There's always entirely too much nothingness spinning through my brain... so maybe getting some of it out will end up being beneficial in some way. Who knows. It'll be something... and they say that's always better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment