Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Limited

A limiter stops an increase in volume,

Another ends an acceleration.

A brief reminder of what is considered safe,

What is placed just out of reach,

For my own ‘protection’.


A hawk crosses my path,

Beckoning, for me to follow.

Knowing, I can not fly.

Taunting, as if it knows the limits,

imposed by my very humanity.

Soaring, on a journey,

While I, bound to this Earth,

to this body,

Regretfully decline the impossible invitation.


A skin, just tight enough to constrain my will.

A dream, always a moment from fruiton.

A white flame,

held within the palm of my hand,

One match from ignition.


Ever drawn deeper,

Drowning, in a life unwanted.

Dying for a decision,

Refusal, to live a lie.


Frozen in a moment,

A place in time,

Free from a harsh reality.

A shelter, a home,

A reprieve from a cold and lonely existence,

An endlessly sought serenity, found.


Peace and silence of a stolen moment,

Shattered, by a tolling bell.

Life ever advancing.

Time, a vile succubus,

Endlessly consuming existence,

Perpetually reveling,

In the limits imposed,

upon every facet of our being.

No comments:

Post a Comment